Clerk of Course
(Clerk of Course volunteers: please see our volunteer information.)
For Swimmers and Parents
The Clerk of Course tent will be smaller than recent All-City meets due to space constraints on our site. Because of this, it’s really important that all swimmers (and parents of 10-and-unders) pay close attention to our event/heat calls and head promptly to Clerk of Course.
We’ll do everything we can to assure all swimmers get to the blocks for their heats, but we do not page missing swimmers and we cannot delay the meet.
If the meet is running ahead of schedule, we will continue to keep it running ahead. Please keep in mind that heats may start earlier than noted in heat sheets.
Parents of 10-and-Unders: Please have your swimmers’ arms marked before arriving at Clerk of Course. The event and heat number in particular are important for us to get swimmers seated in the tent efficiently.
Calling Events and Heats
Currently-staged events and heats will be posted at the entrance to Clerk of Course and in Tent City. A volunteer with a bullhorn will circulate through Tent City calling events and heats. More than one call will be made but please head to Clerk of Course as soon as you hear your event and heat called.
Inside Clerk of Course
- The Clerk of Course tent will be located immediately south of the pool, very close to Tent City. (See map at end of this page.)
- Swimmers must check in at the check-in table before entering the tent. Volunteers will greet arriving swimmers and guide them to check-in.
- All ages are required to go through Clerk of Course. Because the tent is relatively small (20 rows of chairs) no swimmer will be in the tent for too long. (Swimmer-coaches are an exception: they must check-in as normal, but will be allowed to leave the tent to return to coaching duties. Swimmer-coaches are responsible for getting themselves to the blocks on time.)
- All relays must report to Clerk of Course as a team. The first swimmer in a relay must have their relay card, which will be provided by their coaches.
- Our goal is to create an environment in the tent and on deck that allows swimmers to focus. We expect athletes in Clerk of Course to be composed. Absolutely no team cheering. Unruly behavior will not be tolerated and may result in disqualification.
Swimmers Requiring Assistance
- Each team will be issued a small number of “parent passes” that will be distributed to the coaches. These are to be used at the coach’s discretion.
- If additional passes are required, they must be requested in advance of the meet.
- NO parent will be allowed into the clerk area without this pass. Parents hoping to enter will be directed back to their coaching staff to secure the pass.
- The exception to this procedure will be for the Unified Swim participants.
- Clerk of Course will have between 30-40 volunteers at any time. We’re there to help all swimmers get to the blocks as calmly as possible!